Alma



Alma is the last of my main characters of Wind Without Return. And it was the first one that I wrote. However, it's the one that is less developed. 
First of all, who was my inspiration to create the character? 
Honestly, it was me. What power would I like to have? I would like to see others powers, to watch the beauty in other people. Everybody is beautiful, but not how society describes it; it's not about appearances, but personality. 
So, Alma was born. I know, why the name Alma? Well, in portuguese alma means soul. And Alma sees souls. Well, not in the beginning, but that is what she does. 
Of the threee, Alma is the one that wants to descover her past, because she knows that something is missing. 
Alma is the most curious character of the book. She's funny and smart, but she doesn't show that in school, that she hates. She likes to travel, even though every single year her father and she move out. Always to different towns, never the same, and never cities, even though they are close enough.
She is the smallest of the group, with hazel eyes - like her father - and light brown hair. 
She hides herself from others, but she like to observe them - how teenagers behave, act and talk. She uses that in her own characters (yes, she wants to be a writer). However, it's her writing that will show her that there are so much more than her vision of reality. Through her writing, and dreams, she will notice - at least in the beginning - that gifted people live. Gifts like teleportation, telekinesis, fire, healing and killing. 
How she deal with that new reality is something that I have to improve. Diana (see Diana) and Leo (see Leonor) were easier to deal with the world - I know it's because they already identify their gifts, but I need a different point of view to relate with the reader.
To make that happen I will answering my own quiz to Alma. Maybe it's the basic - like, favourite color or place or memory -, but finding out more about Alma will allow me to improve the character. 
Well, I hope so.

Ursa

Comments

Popular Posts