BlackBloods

@dintamm_ursa
Last two sketches were about a new character that I created while I was in Madeira, Portugal, where beach has black sand. Of course, it's a vulcanic island, so it's perfectly usual. But for me, a girl from the continent, that was super weird. My brain was always telling me that something was wrong - of course it wasn't. 
So... I started do create a reason why that happen and BlackBloods were born! 
Sand is black because in the past people killed BlackBloods and, because they are a kind of witches, the sand remain with that color, reminding every human of it. 


But why have they black blood? 
I am not sure yet. 
Maybe it's because the first Witch of the family was doing black magic. Or someone cursed her and all next generations. If so I could use it with Elsie - I am not in love for the name... it's possible I change it.

Why run of shame?
Not all witches are friendly... And I didn't want a story based on the same principles of Dee. Dee is completely different from Elsie and I wanted that - the same happens with people, not everyone is bad or good.
And, maybe as you notice, BlackBloods are brutal with their punishements. Even when young witches are being raised, it's all very strict and violence is common. 
Elsie left - the reason why would be explain later in sketches - and she knew that what returning would mean. Still, she chose to return... Facing her family would be better than staying here she was. 

Why does Elsie returns?
There is a great evil that she faced. She returns, not to run away from it, but to improve her skills. 

Evil, which Evil?
I am not sure... Maybe she found Lilith - but if so, I, as a writer, have to research more about the subject. 

What's the deal with the ex?
I was between a romantic scene or not. Well, my option went to no... Not only because it's cliché, but also because I want to show how BlackBloods work. 

How do they work?
Jesus... So many questions. 
Honestly, I have being thinking about it. Specially, when I ended the last rewriting of WWR - Wind Without Return. But I still have the second to write about... Or could I work with an unfinished book? I'am not sure if that is a good practice or not - at least for me... 

So, if YOU have more questions about Elsie or another story, ask. I will try to answer it!


Comments

  1. I has been a while since you last wrote on the blog. I want to know where is Elsie or Dee. Why have you stopped to write. Have you quit writing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      First of all, thank you for reading the blog. It's true that I don't write on it since last year. That's not only because I have been writing for competitions (and it has been an completely different perspective, with deadlines and all), but also because I am researching for "The Mansion" (yes! I am still writing that). And finally, because I don't have enough time... - yeah... mostly that.
      I am gonna try to write in the blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts