World #1


Right now I am at the train. I have finished my experience week at a new job. It was good and they left me at the train station fifteen minutes ago. I drank my coffee – because it makes me sleepy – and I was about to take a nap when, through my window, I saw two men sleeping at a bench. Head to head, both wearing coats and good clothes. A cheap bottle of wine is on the floor.
For how long are they there? Since last night? After all it was Halloween...
The man of the right awakes and sits looking at his own feet, his hand search for something else. It doesn't move as if he had all control, instead, crambles until it touch the bottle. He drank what was left and threw it under the train (I would not comment that...).
He stand up and tried his legs - because that's what you do when you are drunk - He walked a little and then crossed the rails. 
What if... What if a train came? 
But he didn't. 
After a while he came back. 
No, he didn't have another bottle. It's just him.
He wakes up his colleague. He is beautiful, but with horrific eyes - maybe from the night before... 
They stand up and they walk away while the train also started his journey. 

That's it. Just that. Like a picture, not very well described, but still, where are they from? How was last night? Why did they ended there? Would be someone worried sick about them? 

Sometimes you try to figure out how this world works. Most of the times - at least for me - something amazing would stand out. Maybe a story. Maybe just a character. Maybe just a moment. 

Comments

Popular Posts