Sketch #19

Returning home is one of the worst things to do when your family are BlackBlood. Literally. Our blood is black, so... instead of using our family name, they call us BlackBloods. Idiots. 
Well, I was also an idiot, because I tried to get away of all the craziness of my family. I tried... But it's kinda complicated when you have such powers that transcend humans in general. 
So... I was trying to be just normal, but normal didn't fit... It was impossible - my family told me that. But it was me, and I don't quit easily, so, I tried very hard. 
It wasn't for me, being just human... I felt trapped. I wasn't even myself. It wasn't my skin... 
And common, going to the doctor - because my job required it - was interesting. Besides my blood being different, I really had to erased their memory... 'caz... well, I think you will understand. 
Now I am returning.
The feeling is not great, after all I never thought I would came back. 
I knew since the moment I put a foot in the island, they would know that I had return. Maybe my parents will be nice and welcoming, but not my brother or his best friend - my ex. No... Not them. Not even my ex's sister - my best friend and sister-in-law. Noup.
But I wasn't waiting for my grandmother in the beach of black sand. No, not her and not there. 
After all, that was sand that told us stories about our past, about those that were killed. 
Witches they would call us - the ones that I wanted to belong to, humans -, so powerfull that should be killed. 
I didn't even swear in my head - she would know -, but I get closer to her, knowing that she would send me away - the elderly woman that rules our kind
I didn't look down.
I should face her. Face my destiny. 
"How was it?", she asked in my mind - the only one with that gift.
dintamm_ursa
Okay, I answered. You shouldn't lie, but that wasn't a lie. It was okay that I hated human life, but I didn't hate humans, like they wanted to. 
"Are you returning?"
If you allow me to.
"Should I?"
No, she shouldn't allow me, but it was my last chance to survive. 
"Welcome"
Don't be fooled, BlackBloods don't welcome people that leave. Don't be fooled, I told myself waiting for her. 
"Your punishment is waiting. You start tomorrow by five."
I will be there, I didn't have an option...
Candles all over the beach were light - a sign of my agreement of being punished. 
Welcome home Elsie! Great...!

Comments

Popular Posts