Awakening


Lidia felt the storm coming closer. She knew it was time. Should she tell her?
No.
She knew she shouldn't, but...
No.
Fine... She agreed with all of it. But that was before Dee was born.
If she did it, Dee could be expeld. Not only expled from school but she also had to return her gift, which was part of her. And then, she would turn into a plaka – the ones without purpose, or energy, like ghosts. The ghosts that hunted them with visions of death and pain. She didn't want that to her child. And she also didn't want her to be an outsider. 
So, why have they hide her gift? 
Lidia.
"I know I know..."
She knew why. They were, after all, outsiders. And as outsiders, they had to do more to protect the ones that they love. But would Dee understand? Could she forgive them?
She heard Dee waking up. 
The storm recognised her and get closer, but waiting. 
It was time. Lidia had to call them. 
"Lidia", her husband called.
"Good morning be"
"Are you about to call?"
She nod agreeing. 
"Call the Director herself"
"I... I don't... Okay. Do it with me", she asked.
He smiled, "Of course. Always"
Her cellphone rang making her jump when she saw who it was. 
"These witches!", Lidia said before answering "Yes?"
"Hi", the voice from the other side sounded cold, "I have a student with me. Is there something that you want to tell me?"
"Is this on speaker?"
"Of course"
"Of course not then." 
"Is Vincent there...? I really don't want to fight", she said in a lower voice.
"We are listening", he said, "What did your student see?"
"I see a girl dying in the lighting", a different voice said "Not because of the lighting, but because someone is after her" 
"Why us Trin?", Valentin asked.
"Caleb, describe to them the girl"
"I couldn't see her properly. But she had dark purple eyes when the lighting hit her and she..."
Lidia didn't let him finish, "We are outsiders. Did Trinity told you that we are outsiders?"
The line was silent for a few seconds.
"She didn't", the boy said, "But I told her, and I keep my word, I will protect her and I will be her..."
@dintamm_ursa
It was Vincent who interrupt him this time, "I know. But let Dee be the one to decide"
"Mom!", Dee call from upstairs, "There's a storm coming!", she sound happy with that. 
"We must go", Lidia said ending the call.
Caleb look at the Director.
"You should have told me"
"I wasn't sure it was her... You could say no, train with another person"
"As I told you, I made a promisse to protect as much as I could. Let me do it."
Caleb stand up, looking throw the window. Miles and miles from there, there was a witch about to Awake. 
"She doesn't know what she is, right?"
"I don't think so"
"Great"



Comments

Popular Posts