Traveling

travel

Traveling always made me think about The Mansion. Always. Because the siblings are runaway kids, I pay attention to the places where I am. Specialy when I am waiting for the bus or the train – airplanes are out because there is to much security for what I want. But with buses and trains, it's completely different. Security is lower and usually you don't have to worry about showing your ID. When you are buying your tickets, if you want descounts, you must show your ID, but besides that, nop. There is no need. 
This year I watch something that helped my story, but if I really think about it, it's kinda bad... But I understand both parties. 
I was waiting for my bus to arrive - I had to wait at least two hours - and there was so many people going back and forward that I tried to imagine their lifes, maybe find Alex and her siblings around. 
Then, I listen a mother asking to another driver to take care of her daughter - that was traveling alone and she was a minor, maybe eight years old -, because she could not travel and that was somebody waiting for her in her stop. But before her stop was a lot many. The mother only wanted him to watch her, to make sure she was leaving in the right stop. However, the bus driver said: "That's not my responsability or the company responsability. The only person to take care of her is you."
He was rude, but he was right... and no, I wouldn't like being in the position of mother with a kid that as to travel without me. But I understand what the bus driver was saying. Imagine that this time it was only a kid, that's fine, he could make sure she is in the bus when she must and that she left in the right stop, however, is real job is to drive, pay attention to the road in front of him. Next time could be three or four kids, and he wouldn't be 100% doing is job right, because he had other tasks to do. 

After this I thought that leaving a town on a bus is a good option to Alex and her siblings. 


But traveling is also a good way to write. I love to write on the bus, train, airplaine... It's about finding new people, cultures, places. Or in other words, finding new characters, with different backgrounds and features. 


cof cof. And sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts