Sketch #8


It was a summer night when I first notice her.
She was sitting on the beach looking to the dark sea without seeing it. She was lost in thoughts. Sometimes she would look to the stars above her head.
What was she thinking about?
She was also the only person using jeans. It was summer after all, and that was a warm night. One of my favourites.
The beach was almost empty and I was ready to close the bar. But I stayed there, watching her.
She never looked at me, not even once. I knew that I was being obvious. Didn't she have the instict to look over her shoulder, crossing her eyes with mine?
So misterious...
I couldn't see what colour her hair was. But it was long, touching her jeans. Maybe dark brown?
Girl
What was she doing during the day? Staying at home?
Truth is, I am never at the bar during the day. My shift it's only at night. My boss believe that I am good dealing with drunk people.
What are you looking at?”, his boss asked him.
Do you know that girl?”
My boss – and my mother -, smiled.
Stop. I am just asking. Don't you start planning a wedding”
She rolled her eyes.
I don't know her name. But she is usually buying fruit every morning.”
So, she is from here?”
Or just a tourist.”
Probably a tourist. Anyone from there would stay there lost in thoughts hoping no one would talk about that...
The sand was still warm when she get up; the stars where more light and a plain crossed the sky; the moon was awake and her eyes with the victory of a nike.
She looked at him. Directly in his eyes. She smiled as if she had heard his mother and him.
She left, and he was sure that a shadow of sad chase her.


Comments

Popular Posts