Families

Families


Having a family is crucial to your our life. We can live with family, but having one mould us. That could be positive or negative... 
What happens is: I knew that criating families to my characters will have a huge impact on them. But I also had only a family to see what happened inside and out. So I started to do research - or watching people around me -, about others families. But, once again, I only saw how families were outside their houses. 
I tried to watch parts of what families were on street and then through their body language I would be imagine the rest. That was how I started do create new families to my characters. 
Nowadays, I still use that to create that part of my characters, but I also have a job that allows me to be part of new families, as a babysitter. Of course I don't see everything, but I see some of the best moments of them and some bad.
And yes, I know, those who I work for are amazing parents and they love their children, I can see that every single day. Because of it I always will have inspiration to describe those families. 
But you know me, most part of my characters don't have a good family, and some don't even have a family, like Leonor, or Diana (from Wind Without Return), or Alex (from The Mansion). 
Honestly, it's because I am allowed to be part of amazing families that I can describe the worse. Of course, I will never want to be in that position, but I know what happens when you have a disfunctional family. 
Maybe it's because of those kids that I made my characters so dark, with horrific pasts. I want them to thrive as some of my friends did.

Characters family:

Leonor - She doesn't have a family, and she never knew anything about them. She just had a note, saying that they will come for her. But they never did. So she burned the note and move on, to another town, without a trace.

Diana - Always had the perfect life - outside her house. Behind doors she never felt the love of her parents. She tried for so many years. But she is so tired. She starts the countdown to leave the house, like her sister did. Two years, and then she could be free from the unlove of her life. 

Alexandra (Alex) - Lives with her both parents, but behind doors and outside, they don't pretend that she is unwanted. They also don't care about her, only her siblings. She is evil for them, she just born to haunt them. She also tries to be the best on everything, but it's never enough, so she quits, except for to give to her siblings the best she can provide, for the rest of their lives.



Maybe later I will post about others characters families. The good ones. 


Ursa

Comments

Popular Posts