Creative Writing Experiences #1

I am not going to talk about three years of my life: college. But I will try to explain to you why I didn't enjoy the experience. People were amazing. I met amazing friends. I also had amazing teachers. Some I still remember what they were teaching. 
But in my last semester as a student of University of Lisbon (yap, I said the name) I finally had the chance to learn Creative Writing. 
This is my first day in class (there won't be fiction in this one, it's all facts):

Me, a young student that want to be a writer is finally sit at the class she was waiting for, actually, since high school. By my side was Leonor - the real one, the one I based to create the Leo -, also a writer, then an artist - Romão - and other writer - Diogo (we were such a great group). We were just talking, thinking about the subject, having fun, just like any other student that was excited to learn
The teacher comes in. Nothing suspicious. Raspy voice, blond as a bundle of straw - the feel was accurate. 
"Hi. I am your teacher"
I smile. It was about to start. I would be an amazing writer and that was just the beginning! 
"I'm from African Studies, so... I don't know what am I doing here"
And honestly, my folks and I look at each other for a few seconds, open our eyes widely and smiled. Not in a good way. It was more like:"are you kinding?? What the F***?!"
Someone at the class was just like us, but he laugh. And he laugh hard - and then he cof... 'cause that's a respectul College and we have to control ourselves or that would be a rebaldaria (I don't even know how translate that portuguese expression).
So we sat. While she look at us. For a long time - at least that was my perspective.
"But I will do my best"

This was the sketch that Romão draw:



by Romão Borges da Cunha

Comments

Popular Posts