Sketch #20

dintamm_ursa
Did they know how much pain I felt when I saw him?
Maybe it was on purpose. Elders should know. It was obvious that would be part of my punishment. Seeing him... 
"Are you ready?", he asked when I got closer. 
My heart stopped for a second. His voice was exactly the same when I left, cold, without passion. I was nothing for him... I knew it, but be sure of it...? Well. At least now I know. I should stop loving him. I should stop having faith.
"Are you ready?", he asked one more time. 
"Yes", soooo educated my person. 
"Run. Five miles."
Five? On sand? So he was the trainer? Great. 
I started running before he could repeat it. 
I knew what they were trying to do. I recognize the path. It was the run of shame and, in the end of it, every villager would be watching me, telling the youngest that I was a laic, and laics shouldn't return. But that it was what I did. 
I took to longer to run the path, I was tired, but I had to finish it. If I didn't, my punishment would be worse. And worse... I couldn't handle worse. 
I saw them while the sun was rising. 
I focus on that when I slow down my run. I walk through them facing the sky and it's beautiful colors. Remembering that life was better, and that run of shame was just a bad moment in my amazing life. 


But it didn't feel that amazing when they cursed and hated me. 
I shouldn't cry, but it was what I did when I was in the cold shower. 



Comments

Popular Posts