Which Diana?

After all, today I will write about Diana, from WWR.
You remember her. She is the one that has everything she desires. However, what she want the most, she doesn't have: love of her parents, or even her friends. 
That's her gift. Sometimes a curse. 
Diana is the one that has to decide if it's a curse or a gift. 
That's a short cut. Very short.

But like most of my main characters there is a real person behind it. Usually, when I have something blocking my writing I go to people that I care about - or that, at least, made me be interested on them - to ask them some questions. Most times it's a wierd conversation. In Diana case, I went to my dear friend and I told her the character's background. Then I told her that I didn't have a name for her and that I need her help, once she was physically just like her. She chose Diana, because it sounds rich and kinda bitchy. So there it was. Diana was born. 

And today, I was with this friend again, and I understand what is real friendship. No barriers between us. Any scare of being judged or not accepted because our own mistakes. And that is something that I forgot for a while. Something that is vital for the friendship between Diana, Alma and Leo. Something so hard to explain, but so easy to write on dialogues.
So, that's another thing that I have to improve. Because if you, as a reader, can't see the friendship between the three, there is no reason to read the book... 

So... Writers write. They improve with others, but specially with themselves. But to do that, you have to write. Don't forget that - I am trying to do the same.



Ursa

Comments

Popular Posts