Summer #1

Summer



I have to learn how to describe seasons. We are at Summer, so, why not? 
What it means to me? What could it mean to my characters?
Starting with me. Summer is the season to watch all series that I have missed in the rest of the year. All because I don't like warm weather. One thing that I absolutely love, it's the warm nights or the innumerable parties all around Portugal. Theres a party every single weekend. And I love it. There are so many different people and dramas. Even though I am not much of a drinker, I love to watch drunk people (not the part of trowing up), they become so different and they are always so happy that you can't do other thing than smile. At least, that's what I do. 

Camping
But, for Dee. What Summer will mean for Dee?

Summer. Time to go to the beach with her friends. To stay the night awake talking about everything. Dancing. Having fun. Then, be with her parents and travel, maybe camping, away from the city. 
But this year, it's time to be a Witch.





What Summer will mean for Alex (from The Mansion)?

Tired
Her siblings are on vacations. Not a good sign. Never is. Maybe the money she saved during the year will provide them a time away from home. Maybe they don't have to face, every day, what she is going through. They wont have to face their drug addicts parents or how violent they become when they don't have drugs in their systems. Maybe Alex will buy drugs for them. And besides that, she will work, during day and night. Maybe this year she will be able to sleep more than four hours per day. Maybe, but problably not. 
This year, she will be saving their siblings, running away. She just need a few more money, and then, they can disappear.



Isn't this a good exercise? What would your characters do at Summer? How different are they in their choices?

Comments

Popular Posts