What work best?


“There is no right way to write; only the one that's best for you.”
Keep that in mind, not only for writing, but for everything.
In my case, I like to write at night or in places where I should be doing something else – like studying in college... - and with tons of coffee.
But for a while I wasn't aware fo what worked best for me, specially after college.
So, remember: this will be a matter of trial and error.
Do you work best at late night or early in the morning?
With complete silence or in a café?

If I am with no inspiration I like to be in a new place full with people that I don't know. Just watch them, listening to what they are talking about and make stories (or sketches) in my head and be inspired. Occasionally, I will write down details that interested to me.
What also help me in those situations is travelling. Again, new places, new people, new points of view, new problems.

@dintamm_ursa
Every writer must keep a journal, where they write down what matter to them and every single sketch of character, place or scene that crossed their mind.
Sometimes I keep things in my mind instead of writing them down, and then I forget... And that pisses me off.
So, even though I have all these methods to write (favourite place to write, time of the day, coffee), my journal also help me. Sometimes I go back and I find something interesting to work on, and if I hadn't write them down I wouldn't remember it.
So, find you journal – and it could be you mobile phone – and do what work best for you.

Comments

Popular Posts